Re: [asa] Southern Ocean Loaded With Carbon Dioxide

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 19 2007 - 18:48:15 EDT

Understanding the issues involved may help resolve the apparent
conflicts. Computer models showed that the southern oceans could
absorb CO2 however the models rely in the data to accurately predict.
Seems that the southern oceans have already absorbed CO2 to a higher
level than initially realized.
The results show that the issue of global warming is even more dire
than expected.

<quote>Increased winds over the last half-century are to blame for the
change, Le Quere said. These winds blend the carbon dioxide throughout
the Southern Ocean, mixing the naturally occurring carbon that usually
stays deep down with the human-caused carbon. </quote>

I'll read the two papers and report back on full details. Science is
seldomly learned from newspapers and press releases.

Pim