Re: [asa] Event or process

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Fri May 18 2007 - 21:58:40 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack" <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
To: "George Murphy" <gmurphy@raex.com>; <asa@calvin.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [asa] Event or process

> "just saying "it seems much more likely" carries no more weight than "I
> can't believe that ...""
>
> My actual stance on this is that is it not possible for the divine to
> emerge from material beings, especially, fallen sinful beings, but I dont
> have the time or the space to fully argue for that idea here.

& I can call spirits from the vasty deep.

In any case, the human soul, or spirit, or whatever you wish to call it, is
not divine. It is not part of God. No part of us is "divine." I agree
that the divine does not emerge from material things, but that is utterly
without relevance to the question at issue.

> " the 1st fruits of the divine come from the Holy Spirit."
>
> Exactly. The 1st fruits come from supernatural, not natural processes.

No. Everything ultimately comes from God but in the vast majority of cases
God works through natural processes. The burden is on you to give some
convincing reason why in these cases God's action must be unmediated.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/