Re: [asa] Event or process revisited

From: Jack <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri May 18 2007 - 07:02:26 EDT

This is exactly why I think the view that there are partial souls, or developing souls, or that animals have souls is very dangerous, and in my opinion, unbiblical.

If souls emerge from neural complexity, in other words from brain development. What happens to the souls when the brain deteriorates from Alzheimers disease, or a spongiform encephalopathy, or anoxic brain injury, or any other sort of severe brain damage?

I would like to see Don explain how his position does not lead to justifying killing people in those conditions.