[asa] the artsy side of evolution

From: David Buller <bullerscience@gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 20:46:29 EDT

Last night I watched a short "art movie" with my brother with music composed
by the modern composer Steve Reich, called "Three Tales." The last tale was
that of the SCNT cloning of Dolly, with interviews with Gould and...you
guessed it! Richard Dawkins. The main centerpeice of the work was Dawkins'
quote:

"We, like all other animals, are machines, created by our genes."

He was reading it; is this from one of his books? Anyway, it was
interesting to see evolution in a musical art movie, even if it was pretty
atheistic. Has anyone else seen this?

-David Buller