Re: [asa] STATEMENT ON INTELLIGENT DESIGN BY IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY FACULTY

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 18:47:31 EDT

David made a good point when he wrote: "I would not sign it, even aside
from these objections, because of the context in which it was brought."

I was looking at the statement, however, in a neutral context. As such,
Phil's objections seem reasonable. How could the statement be reworded,
Phil, to remove those objections? Is your last sentence, which reads:

"To correct the statement, it should say something like this,
"Methodological naturalism [is] a procedure that works from the
assumption that observable phenomena may be explained without reference
to supernatural beings or events in order to search for natural
explanations."

sufficient?

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/recent.htm (Some of my recent reviews)