Re: [asa] Event or process

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 12:09:43 EDT

Jack commented: "I never argued that there would not be horses or birds,
or even dogs in heaven, but I am very sure that "Blue" wont be
resurrected into heaven, and I see no scriptural support for thinking
that he would."

Because you are "sure," once again, I ask you to give grounds (beyond
your opinion) for this claim.

There is no scriptural support for automobiles, or the internet, or lots
of other things. Scripture (as far as I can tell) is silent on the issue.

Burgy

An old man and his dog were walking down this dirt road with fences on
both sides. They came to a gate
in the fence and looked in, it was nice - grassy, woody areas, just what
a 'huntin' dog and man would
like, but, it had a sign saying 'no trespassing' so they walked on.

They came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing
there. "Welcome to Heaven"
he said. The old man was happy and started in with his dog following him.

The gatekeeper stopped him. "Dogs aren't allowed, I'm sorry but he can't
come with you." "What
kind of Heaven won't allow dogs? If He can't come in, then I will stay
out with him. He's been my faithful
companion all his life, I can't desert him now. " "Suit yourself, but I
have to warn you,
the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area,
he'll promise you anything, but, the dog can't
go there either. If you won't leave the dog, you'll spend Eternity on
this road " So the old man and dog went on.

They came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate, just a hole.
Another old man was inside. "Scuse me Sir,
my dog and I are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in and sit in the
shade for awhile?" "Of course, there's
some cold water under that tree over there. Make yourselves comfortable "
"You're sure my dog can come in?
The man down the road said dogs weren't allowed anywhere." "Would you
come in if you had to leave
the dog?" " No sir, that's why I didn't go to Heaven, he said the dog
couldn't come in. We'll be spending
Eternity on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be
mighty fine right about now. But, I won't
come in if my buddy here can't come too, and that's final. "

The man smiled a big smile and said "Welcome to Heaven."
"You mean this is Heaven? Dogs ARE allowed? How come that fellow down the
road said they weren't?"
"That was the Devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up
a life long companion for a comfortable place to stay.
They soon find out their mistake, but, then it's too late. The dogs come
here, the fickle people stay there.