Re: [asa] Event or process

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 11:06:08 EDT

David Buller wrote: "

Which is exactly why I took the position that it was an event and a
process. I think the "phase change analogy" is a great one for this very
reason."

Perhaps I need to define the two words more tightly.

An "event" in this case means a direct (non-natural causation)
intervention by divinity. A "process" means natural causation only.

With these definitions, it has to be one or the other.

Burgy

"The first key to wisdom is frequent questioning. For it is by doubting
that we come in enquiry and by enquiry we arrive at the truth." --
Abelard

www.burgy.50megs.com/scott.htm (Review of Eugenie Scott's EVOLUTION AND
CREATIONISM