Re: [asa] STATEMENT ON INTELLIGENT DESIGN BY IOWA STATEUNIVERSITY FACULTY

From: <philtill@aol.com>
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 09:21:32 EDT

> The ISU statement has some flaws in stating such a position but that isn't it's main problem.
> The main difficulty, as David pointed out, is its political context.

Please allow me to clarify that I don't think the flaws were independent of the context. I think the flaws hint to the politics behind the document. A more carefully crafted document that wasn't being written to exclude the personal religious views of one faculty member probably would not have confused methodological and philosophical naturalism.

Phil