Re: [asa] STATEMENT ON INTELLIGENT DESIGN BY IOWA STATEUNIVERSITY FACULTY

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 08:45:44 EDT

I agree. I think science should operate with the assumption of
methodological naturalism and that ID is wrong. The ISU statement has some
flaws in stating such a position but that isn't it's main problem. The main
difficulty, as David pointed out, is its political context. A statement
which is quite "orthodox" in its wording can be wrong if it's used in the
wrong way.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/