Re: [asa] STATEMENT ON INTELLIGENT DESIGN BY IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY FACULTY

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 18:05:11 EDT

I would not sign it, even aside from these objections, because of the
context in which it was brought. No document should be interpreted apart
from its context. The context of this document was a sustained attack on a
Christian by an atheist, not merely a neutral, scholarly statement about
ID. The document must be read in the context of that attack.