Re: [asa] Re: [asa] O Freunde, nicht diese Töne (was Re: [asa] animals)

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 18:48:13 EDT

I don't think we have to speak about "dog heaven" or "animal souls"
to believe that there will be animals on the "New Earth" (that, I
believe, is the proper way to speak of our eschatological future,
rather than "heaven"). The purposes of the original creation will be
fully realized (not just a return to Eden, but a eschatological
realization of the creational and redemptive purposes of God with
perhaps even continued unfolding of God's purposes in creation). I
don't really see why this would necessarily exclude carnivory and
even human beings eating animals. Didn't Jesus eat fried fish in his
new spiritual body?

So will there be animals in "heaven"--most likely. Will they be
resurrected versions of the one who died here on earth--I have my
doubts.

TG