Re: [asa] Re: [asa] O Freunde, nicht diese Töne (was Re: [asa] animals)

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 18:06:46 EDT

> I don't want to get very speculative about "dog heaven" or anything like
> that. But the statement that God plans to unite "all things" in Christ &
> that "all things" are to be reconciled to God through the cross suggests
> very strongly that the non-human parts of creation have some place in God's
> ultimate future. & I don't take Is.11:6-9 "literally," but it points toward
> something, & the imagery of animals in the peaceable kingdom can't be
> dismissed entirely.

Haldane was actually onto something here ("an inordinate fondness for
beetles") -creation certainly looks as though God likes biological and
other diversity. However, what the eternal manifestation of that
pattern might be is an open question.

Lewis had the not entirely serious suggestion that mosquito heaven and
human hell could overlap.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections