Re: [asa] University Denies Tenure to Intelligent Design Theorist

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 08:42:05 EDT

*persistent organized harassment by an atheist from another department?
How does this prove your point?*

You're right Pim. It's silly to think that a smear campaign by a spiteful
atheist could affect a religious person's chance at tenure. I'm sure that
Gonzalez's case was completely fair and objective and that it would have
turned out exactly the same absent this organized effort to trash his
reputation. Tenure committees, after all, are bastions of open-minded
discussion, where politics and personal agendas rarely influence outcomes,
and where culture and religious faith are celebrated in all their diversity.

BTW, I'm selling some shares in a hedge fund you might be interested in....