Re: [asa] Papers from colloquium

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Sun May 13 2007 - 00:25:42 EDT

Remember that ID will never give anything more than a just so story
while science has all the opportunity to provide the data to support
their positive mechanisms.

David Buller asked "Could you expound on the last statement?"

<quote>In other areas more relevant to this group, it seems plausible
that religiosity may have been a side effect of a selective process, a
spandrel of evolution so to speak. As a Christian I find these
findings inspiring as well as in harmony with religious faith.</quote>

The research which indicates that religious beliefs may have an
evolutionary foundation, whether adaptive or as a spandrel, indicate
to me that 1) religious faith is known to all 2) that finding the
religious faith was an outcome of a long path of evolution and hardly
be seen to be trivial 3) religious faith may be unique to humans.

More later...