Re: [asa] Re: ASA stance

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 19:38:53 EDT

& since YEC does not "reflect ... commitment to intrgrity in the practice of science," it would be quite appropriate for the organization to take a stand against it. That could be said in the abstract about the lot of positions, but at present it's especially YEC that misleads many Christians & makes Christianity look foolish to scientifically literate people. It is current & active errors that need to be denounced. Conversely, ASA fails in its responsibilities if it does not speak out against such a current dangers & contents itself with generalities.

Again - this does not mean that people who personally hold to a young earth view have to be "excommunicated" & I don't think they should be.
Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/