Re: [asa] Re: ASA stance

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 18:24:56 EDT

I tend to agree with Moorad here. The ASA statement of purpose and beliefs
seems perfectly adequate (http://www.asa3.org/ASA/aboutASA.html and
http://www.asa3.org/ASA/faithASA.html). There are plenty of opportunities
to write and speak about whether any particular YEC position (or ID
position, or TE position, or whatever) reflects both "fidelity to the Word
of God and a commitment to integrity in the practice of science." Let's
primarily define ourselves positively, rather than negatively.