[asa] Re: ASA stance

From: Dave Wallace <wdwllace@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 08:34:23 EDT

Bill Hamilton wrote:

> I would vote for an ASA policy that said essentially
>
> 1. All ASA members pledge to treat Christian brothers respectfully
> 2. YECs are welcome in ASA. However, the ASA accepts the current
> geological estimates of the age of the earth and biological evolution
> 3. The mission of ASA includes teaching sound science in the Christian
> community

As I have thought about it and seen the responses my take is that Bill's
suggestion is much better than the one I made namely:

<quote>
If the issue ever comes up for a vote, probably in the end I would opt
for excluding YEC at least from voting membership especially considering
that they have formed their own organizations to deal with origins.
</quote>

UcD does not seem to have been treating TEs at all respectfully IMHO and
that is not just in posts but in headline articles that have been
affirmed or written by the blog owners.

Dave W