RE: [asa] Degrees

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 09:51:00 EDT

Hi Bill, you wrote:

My reasoning below doesn't hold water -- I really don't see that it
follows that you can't have a gradual process just because that would
have people at different stages of development. However, I still believe
there was a discrete "step to man", because that seems to me to be the
most reasonable way to read Genesis 1 and 2. In addition, if you have
man developing spiritually over many generations, a reasonable question
to ask is at what point in the process does man become accountable to
God?

Let me just take a wild stab at it; at the introduction of Adam, roughly
7,000 years ago?

Dick Fischer

Dick Fischer, Genesis Proclaimed Association

 <http://www.genesisproclaimed.org> www.genesisproclaimed.org

My reasoning below doesn't hold water -- I really don't see that it
follows that you can't have a gradual process just because that would
have people at different stages of development. However, I still believe
there was a discrete "step to man", because that seems to me to be the
most reasonable way to read Genesis 1 and 2. In addition, if you have
man developing spiritually over many generations, a reasonable question
to ask is at what point in the process does man become accountable to
God?

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
248.652.4148 (home) 248.821.8156 (mobile)
"A theory that you can&#39;t explain to a bartender is probably no damn
good"
--Ernest Rutherford