[asa] ASA Stance

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 09:13:34 EDT

I like Dave's approach. In answer to Jack's comment: "How can some admit old age on one hand
  and hold to a young age on the other?" I would say that people like Kurt Wise are simply admitting that there is a conflict between their interpretation of Scripture and geology, and they're not going to try to force-fit one to the other. I think that if we were to include a statement that young earth interpretation of Scripture is incorrect, we might be accused of treading on theology's turf.

Having said that, I would welcome a program within ASA or perhaps jointly by ASA and a seminary aimed at teaching valid means of interpreting Scripture in the Old Earth context.

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
248.652.4148 (home) 248.821.8156 (mobile)
"A theory that you cannot explain to a bartender is probably no damn good"
--Ernest Rutherford