(no subject)

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 22:39:09 EDT

George wrote

A good deal has been made of the fact that there
are a few scientifically trained YECs who are honest about the fact that
present-day science points to an old earth but who themselves believe in a young
earth because of their theological position. It might be unfortunate if
they had to leave ASA because of the organization taking an old-earth position
but that may be the prcise for organizational integrity and
credibility. & there have
always been intelligent fellow Christians who didn't meet the criteria for
membership.

Possibly we could enable some of these folks to stay in, if our policy stated'

1. The physical evidence points to an old earth
2. We recognize that some Christians, while admitting the above, hold to a young earth on Scriptural grounds

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
248.652.4148 (home) 248.821.8156 (mobile)
"A theory that you cannot explain to a bartender is probably no damn good"
--Ernest Rutherford