Re: [asa] Event or process

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 21:36:41 EDT

Hi David

The passage you're looking for is Ecclesiastes 3:21:
21 Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal [c] goes down into the earth?"

The Berkely version states this as a declarative rather than a question, uses breath instead of spirit and footnotes the passage with "As anyone who grew up on a farm knows". :-).

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
248.652.4148 (home) 248.821.8156 (mobile)
"A theory that you can&#39;t explain to a bartender is probably no damn good"
--Ernest Rutherford