Re: [asa] David S Wilson

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 12:39:06 EDT

The fact that there is no "need" for God to explain the vast majority of phenomena is used by some to challenge the existence, or at least the relevance, of God.
But it is indeed a fact & one that theology needs to take seriously. That's why I began my book The Cosmos in the Light of the Cross with the Laplace-Napoleon story (p.2) & why a theology of the cross, which recognizes "the worldly non-necessity of God" (Juengel) is an important component of science-theology dialogue. & it's also why ID's view, typified by Johnson's claim about God leaving his fingerprints all over the evidence, is so counter-productive.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/