Re: [asa] David S Wilson

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 12:15:44 EDT

I was, of course, taking the speaker's intention in the broader sense of "there
is no need for God at all at any level." Which as you point out is an
unwarranted inference from what the speaker was limiting himself to. I was
defensively portraying a "warfare" mode reaction and assuming in the remark a
jab at religion that wouldn't necessarily have to be there. I do agree that
Deity doesn't need to be invoked for every explanation (which wouldn't then be a
scientific explanation). But given the warfare mode we are surrounded with,
this exchange does symbolize (for many) an attack on religion. And for those,
my challenge is that their box of scientific explanation is not the sum of all
existence. So in that sense, I would still defend my remark.

--Merv