Re: [asa] Event or process

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 10:50:21 EDT

Akin to the phase-change analogy is the idea that having full
human-like "soulishness" is an emergent property of a certain level of
mental complexity. This would make it less progressive creation-like
yet still relatively abrupt.

Also, the assertion that humans are qualitatively different in souls
from animals does not eliminate the possibility that there are some
rudimentary aspects of souls in animals.

As scientists we are strongly interested in what things are and how
they work, but the Bible focuses much more on why and Who. Thus,
there is relatively little to go on with regard to exact delineation
of the properties and origins of souls but a good deal on attending to
their eternal fate.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections