[asa] Power and beauty

From: Robert Schneider <rjschn39@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 16:15:17 EDT

From the Daily Office lectionary for today: Wisdom 13:4-5:

"If the people were amazed at their power and working [i.e., of the things of the world], let them perceive from them how much more powerful is the one who formed them. For from the greatness and beauty of created things comes a corresponding perception of their Creator."

As I look out today on the beauty of my neighborhood here in the High Country of North Carolina, blooming again after a killer cold spell, I wonder at the ability of trees and shrubs and flowers to be reborn after a freeze. I marvel at the tenacity of living and growing things, their ability to burst forth in beauty time and time again. I cannot help but thank my God for this wonderful gift of life and of all creation, and for the gift of beholding it all.

Bob

Robert J. Schneider
187 Sierra Vista
Boone, NC, 28607
828-264-4071

"Science and Faith: perspectives on Christianity and science"
http://community.berea.edu/scienceandfaith/
"A Catechism of Creation"
www.episcopalchurch.org/science/
"Truth is born into this world only with pangs and tribulations, and every fresh truth is received unwillingly. To expect the world to receive a new truth, or even an old truth, without challenging it, is to look for one of those miracles which do not occur" (from an interview of Alfred Russell Wallace published posthumously in 1913).