Re: [asa] Event or process

From: David Buller <bullerscience@gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 20:38:55 EDT

The gradual "soul coming along with the brain" view is pretty common.
That's the view Kenneth Miller takes in Finding Darwin's God. I would still
have to say that even though the early humans could evolve brains capable of
sensing the divine, I don't think that that made them closer to having an *
eternal* spiritual nature.

By the way, in Mere Christianity, CS Lewis explains the Moral Law, and in
The Language of God, Collins mentions how this is contradictory to what
natural selection would produce. It seems to me that there are
characteristics of man's soul that seem to defy a natural, gradual evolution
with the soul coming along with the brain. I'll go reread those sections of
those two books and see what they say about the origin or man's soul.

-David Buller