RE: [asa] Dawkins, religion, and children

From: Blake J. Nelson <nelson.blake@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 23:41:31 EDT
Sorry that should have been indignance, not ordinance.  That's illustrative of the dangers of spell-checkers automatically changing words at the inadvertent click of a button.

You are tendentious, and I apologize for not seeing where you have outlined where Dawkins is wrong.  I certainly don't see it in this post.  Please enlighten the listserv.

Dawkins is certainly tendentious for reasons I have outlined before.

What's your response to the Dawkins arguments you copy and paste?

I would really like to know.  And you can save ordinance for later, please enlighten us.

BTW, I did not call you brainwashed, so that assertion is tendentious as well.

Since you raise Dawkins' arguments as very, very important and misunderstood, it seems your rebuttal to them or at least the reason why they don't cause you to abandon your Christianity and join Dawkins forthwith are very, very relevant?

Rather than being indignant, if you disagree with any of the above, please explain why rather than resorting to vacuous claims of simply being dismayed or accused of something which I have not accused you of.  Or, since you seem so keen on it, why don't you advance the ball and explain why YOU think Dawkins wrong.

Regards,

Blake