Re: [asa] Demarcation was Re: thinking was prosecutors and not that of the judge

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 20:30:29 EDT

Yes -- I like Lakatos, and it seems to me there's no way ID could qualify as
a Lakatosian "research program." I might even go so far as to say that
Lakatos' notion of a progressive research program might be a useful
yardstick for things like allocating public research dollars and public
education "bandwidth" -- but simply as a pragmatic matter relating to where
money and time might on the whole might be best spent, not as strong line
between "science / non science."