Re: [asa] ICR for May, 2007

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 18:13:36 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carol or John Burgeson" <burgytwo@juno.com>
To: <asa@calvin.edu>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 5:47 PM
Subject: [asa] ICR for May, 2007

> In the May issue of ICR's Acts and Facts, John Morris quotes from
> Newsweek, Nov 3, 1997, where he says Astrophysicist John Bahcall said:
> "...the universe's lights, contrary to astronomers' hunches, turned on in
> one great burst."
>
> John concludes with glee that this quote supports the "truth that God
> created all the heavenly bodies on Day Four of Creation Week." and that
> the Big Bang theory was "fizzling."

Here's a perfect example of why all the appeals that we not ridicule YECs,
call them fools &c or (as Dembski would have it) regard them as just being
off by a few orders of magnitude &c are so hard to observe. If Morris has
made the slightest effort to find out what Bahcall is talking about, he
knows that this has nothing to do with creation of the sun & moon in a 24
hour period 72 hours after the beginning of the universe, & that it in no
way casts doubts on the big bang. He is either a liar (in the precise sense
of saying something he knows to be untrue) or an ignoramus (in the precise
sense of the term - "an ignorant person; a vain pretender to knowledge; a
dunce").

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/