Re: [asa] Is There Disdain for Evangelicals in the Classroom? CLARIFICATION

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 13:15:04 EDT

At 05:05 PM 5/6/2007, Robert Schneider wrote:
>When in my previous note, I wrote that "I suspect that there has
>been a sort of low-grade coolness toward evangelicals generally that
>stretches back over decades," I was not referring to my own
>institution but making a comment about academia broadly speaking." ~ Bob

@ Item of possible interest:

".....professors at so-called "elite" universities are much more
likely to be irreligious than those from junior colleges and state
universities. ... I am very fortunate, because I entered my masters
program (1982) before these toxic and dysfuntiuonal ideas had
permeated academia. Moreover, I completed my PhD at a private
training institute with a strong psychoanalytic orientation, so I am
one of those apparently rare individuals who has a PhD in the
humanities without ever having had to seriously contend with the...
[snip] click link and scroll down to:

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 The Left Behind Series (or, Why is......?)
http://onecosmos.blogspot.com/search?q=The+Left+Behind+Series

~ Janice