Re: [asa] Demarcation was Re: thinking was prosecutors and not that of the judge

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 11:33:00 EDT

On 5/7/07, Dave Wallace <wdwllace@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> IMHO Dembski brilliantly also removed any claim that ID is science even
> poor science, at least for me. However, I still feel that we should not
> play the demarcation game too much wrt ID and just dismiss their claims
> out of hand without trying to refute their assertions.

I seem to be an extreme minority report here but I really don't see the big
deal about the fact that much of ID falls outside of the
narrowly-constructed demarcation. The part that does fall insided the narrow
demarcation has for the most part been falsified. .Since I view that
demarcation, education policy, and applying Christianity to all parts of our
lives as largely separable concepts, I view going from that falsification to
dismissing ID's claims altogether as a non sequiter.