Re: [asa] Denyse's advice

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat May 05 2007 - 13:55:02 EDT

Bob writes

I'm one with Ted on
"the integrity of science" issue. If a conclusion from RATE that radioactive
decay rates have changed, and the only reason for such a conclusion is
because a young earth requies it (something suggested in the preface to the
RATE volume), then the integrity of science is thrown out the window.

I agree with Bob and Ted that the integrity of science needs to be upheld. I'm concerned though, that when we criticize YEC for not upholding the integrity of science, some YEC's may misinterpret this as meaning that we care only about the integrity of science. As Christians we uphold integrity in all areas of life. We need to make that clear.

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
248.652.4148 (home) 248.821.8156 (mobile)