[asa] Statement of ASA Commission on Creation

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 17:51:01 EDT

Hi,

I realize that this isn't an "official" statement of the ASA, but it
is an "official" statement of one of our commissions.

While it doesn't necessarily endorse YEC, ID (or OEC or TE, for that
matter), it does give the impression that the ASA is broad enough to
include them.

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/topics/Evolution/commission_on_creation.html

This was authored by dembski, K. Miller, Nelson, Newman, Wilcox, at
the time (and I think, still) all ASA members.

Would we consider this document to be an "embarrassment" to the ASA?
I'm wondering particularly of the YEC and ID critics on the current
ASA email list, whether or not we are willing accept this big tent
view of the ASA.

TG