Re: [asa] On ID, TE, and culture wars

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 14:22:01 EDT

Ted,
I think you're conflating philosophical ideas with supposedly scientific
evidences according to ID. If one starts as a theist or deist, then one
ascribes the order of creation to the deity. From some other viewpoints,
one does not see the hand of God, but rather dumb luck or a multiverse.
But from any viewpoint, how does one "measure" divine activity? I agree
with ID that the universe is designed, but find no rational way to
establish that by anything understood as science. As /scientia/ or
/wissenschaft/, that's a different matter.
Dave