Re: [asa] On ID, TE, and culture wars

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 12:32:21 EDT

At 09:23 AM 5/4/2007, Ted Davis wrote:
>...The biggest problem with ID, as I see it, is the inability to
>separate ID from the politics of the "culture wars." ~ Ted

@ Most non-scientists who hold to an orthodox biblical worldview
believe that a higher intelligence is behind creation. They make no
distinction between "ID" and "id", and they will not take seriously
any scientist who doesn't also believe that there is a higher
intelligence behind creation. End of story.

Eugenie Scott, E.O. Wilson, et.al. -- admitted members of the
secular/scientific humanist/atheistic communities -- will get nowhere
with those who understand this bottom line:

"...in the end, that is what the culture war is _ really _ about:
objective truth vs. nihilism."
http://onecosmos.blogspot.com/search?q=The+Psychophysics+of+Falling+and+the+Dialectic+of+Nihilism

~ Janice