[asa] thinking was prosecutors and not that of the judge

From: James Mahaffy <Mahaffy@dordt.edu>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 10:31:21 EDT

>>> Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com> 5/4/2007 7:51 AM >>>
One thing I want to note inter alia is that Judge Jones would make a
great scientist. His thinking is lucid and clear and his ability to
absorb and analyze the expert testimony in this case is nothing short of
phenomenal. Again from the Kitzmiller decision:

Actually, although the law allows him to do it, these opinions were
written mainly by the prosecutors. While he obviously agreed with them
to extensively use their brief's in the sciences we would acknowledge
where they came from. At least it is saying that the lucid thinking was
provided by the prosecutors and agreed to by the judge.

I have no problem in your liking the logic, but lets give credit to the
folks that wrote it and it was mainly NOT the judge.

James Mahaffy (mahaffy@dordt.edu) Phone: 712 722-6279
498 4th Ave NE
Biology Department FAX : 712
722-1198
Dordt College, Sioux Center IA 51250-1697