From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 09:16:44 EDT

Pim, I did not have you in mind here; I don't have any idea what your
ethical ideas are. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.

I do, however, think it's a fair general statement. One only needs to
observe how the elites in utilitarian-based societies live in comparison
with the rest of the population -- say, the political leaders of North
Vietnam in comparison to the average peasant -- to confirm it.