RE: [asa] Another Nice Bashing Post from Denyse O'Leary

From: Freeman, Louise Margaret <lfreeman@mbc.edu>
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 19:28:46 EDT

> Public
> schools cannot teach morality, remember: whose morality? Therefore,
> they teach none and unruly students are the name of the game. Total
> chaos! Who wants that for their children? If you can afford private
> schools, you will definitely send your children there.
>

> Moorad

Please be careful of over-generalizing. My family could afford private schools for our kids, but
we have been very satisfied with the public ones, academically and otherwise. Christian morality
is of course not taught, but character education, including respect for self and others is
emphasized. I observe very little bullying of students and disrepect of teachers; far less than I
myself experienced in the Sunday school and church youth groups of my childhood.

I am sure many Christian parents home-school or choose provate schools for different reasons,
but the idea that public schools can never be a workable option is simply imcorrect.