Re: [asa] Denyse's advice

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 17:24:36 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "D. F. Siemens, Jr." <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
To: <gmurphy@raex.com>
Cc: <wdwllace@sympatico.ca>; <esmartin@uoguelph.ca>; <asa@lists.calvin.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: [asa] Denyse's advice

> George,
> I don't understand why you don't approve of ID. Behe, in sworn testimony
> at Dover, said that the definition of science which will include ID also
> includes astrology. Do you have a problem with this?

I think Behe pretty much discredited himself at Dover, & not just by the
astrology statement. & as I noted earlier, Dembski's performance tends in
the same direction. (I think, BTW, that we can now see that his
conciliatory remarks about ID at the 2005 ASA meeting were probably
hypocritical.) The ID movement is rapidly losing any claim in ever had to
be a group pursuing a scientific research project & is now just a social
movement. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that it may not grow in influence
on the ignorant - cf. what happened when L. Ron Hubbard turned the
pseudoscience of Dianetics into the religion of Scientology.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/