Re: [asa] Denyse's advice

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 16:22:08 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Wallace" <wdwllace@sympatico.ca>
To: <esmartin@uoguelph.ca>
Cc: <asa@lists.calvin.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: [asa] Denyse's advice
My thought would be to have an ASA ID list, an ASA YEC list and an ASA
TE list but with stronger moderation rules re lack of respect and
politeness. Furthermore I would only allow posting by members of ASA
and related national groups like CIS or CSCA.

An ASA YEC list would give the appearance of some official sanction of YEC
by ASA. We should not do that. In fact, I think the organization can
barely tolerate YEC views if it is going to maintain its integrity. & if
anyone thinks that's disrespectful, condescending, or any of those other
words that have been tossed around here, too bad. It's time to stop
pussyfooting.

The fact that I don't say something similar about ID should not be taken to
mean that I have a favorable view of that movement.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/