Re: [asa] Denyse's advice

From: Dave Wallace <wdwllace@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 14:50:42 EDT

Ted Davis wrote:
> I'm back from my therapist. Yeah, it was a pretty short meeting--they had to fit

me in between a TE who was losing her faith in evolution after reading
"Icons of

Evolution" and a YEC who had already lost his faith in God after seeing
a story

about new stars forming, right now, before our eyes. It was ugly. I'm
glad to

say, my therapist convinced me not to join the AAAS, and my Christian
beliefs are

still intact. Whew--that was close.

By the way it may not be understood by some of limited discernment that
you are being sarcastic.

> I want now to respond to one of Denyse's suggestions for the ASA. I've already gone on record that we need to do exactly what she suggests here:
>
> "Change the name of the “ASA list”, take it private, or shut it down." I fully agree, but my opinion is not the only one worthy of consideration.

My thought would be to have an ASA ID list, an ASA YEC list and an ASA
TE list but with stronger moderation rules re lack of respect and
politeness. Furthermore I would only allow posting by members of ASA
and related national groups like CIS or CSCA.

Dave W