[asa] Denyse O'Leary's advice to the ASA

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 12:11:14 EDT

Denyse O'Leary's latest comments on the ASA, including her advice for future
direction, are found here:
http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/american-scientific-affiliation-bright-guys-living-in-fear/

I don't have time to respond, unfortunately. I'm already late for an
appointment with my therapist. I've been overcome with fear lately, a vague
sort of thing that's hard to describe. Something to do with the triumph of
materialism, and all these ruins that I keep seeing in my mind--as I said,
kind of hard to put a finger on it. And, on top of that, I've woken up
several times in the middle of the night lately, quivering at the idea that
my professional colleagues think I've really lost it, with my believing in
miracles and eternal life and sin and salvation and--well, all that stupid
stuff that Christians believe. It's gotten so bad, that I'm thinking of
just cashing in my spiritual chips and joining the AAAS. I'm hoping my
therapist can talk me out of it.

Gotta go.

Ted