From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 20:02:12 EDT

On 5/1/07, Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu> wrote:

> God being complex or simple? Having parts? I do not want to throw cold
> water on this discussion, but how can the creature ever have any notion
> whatsoever of the Creator? Not only the air we breathe and the food we eat;
> God created even the spacetime we live in. How can you ever conceive of
> someone like that?

The first-blush answer to your question is how would we have any notion
whatsoever of the Creator is we can't. But when examined a little more
closely things change. If God was only transcendent then it would be
hopeless but He's not. We would also be hopelessly lost if were not that God
revealed Himself to us both through both the Written and Living Word. I hope
my focusing on the inscrutability of God did not confuse people to conclude
I was implying utter inscrutability which I wasn't.