From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 16:38:26 EDT

What I'm getting out of these many exchanges is that the philosophical
proofs do not prove anything about the deity. Similarly, the proofs from
history have been dismissed by many as legends. The insistence on
personal evidence may be attributed to wishful thinking, self-delusion,
childhood indoctrination, etc. Christians, however, are convinced that
they fellowship with God and live differently because of this. This is a
life of FAITH, so emphasized repeatedly. It is not an intellectual
demonstration, but a life of trust. So are other commitments.

The other side of much of this is the basic assumption on which human
beings commonly operate: what I believe is THE TRUTH. As Peirce noted,
while admitting that everyone errs, themselves included, they insist
"this time I'm right." I am certain of all this. ;-)
Dave