From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 16:27:14 EDT

On 5/1/07, drsyme@cablespeed.com <drsyme@cablespeed.com> wrote:

> This is what Plantiga has to say about Dawkins
> improbablity argument:
>

> "...suppose we concede, at least for purposes of argument,
> that God is complex. ..

I'm not willing to concede that. The Athenasian Creed has God as simple and
not complex, viz. without parts. This is not just a Catholic or Orthodox
thing. Many of the Protestant creeds pick up on this same concept. For
example from the Westminster Confession:

*"There is but one only living and true God, who is infinite in being and
perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts or passions,
immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible," etc.*

For a more detailed discussion on divine simplicity and how Plantinga
interacts with that see here:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/divine-simplicity/