From: <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 14:41:57 EDT

This is what Plantiga has to say about Dawkins
improbablity argument:

"...suppose we concede, at least for purposes of argument,
that God is complex. ..why does Dawkins think it follows
that God would be improbable? Given materialism and the
idea that the ultimate objects in our universe are the
elementary particles of physics, perhaps a being that knew
a great deal would be improbable... Of course we aren't
given materialism. Dawkins is arguing that theism is
improbable; it would be dialectically deficient in
excelsis to argue this by appealing to materialism as a
premise. Of course it is unlikely that there is such a
person as God if materialism is true; in fact materialism
logically entails that there is no such person as God; but
it would be obviously question-begging to argue that
theism is improbable because materialism is true."