From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 11:47:34 EDT

This kind of logic leads to a simple conclusion: The Spaghetti
Monster, the flying teacup and fairies exist, after all, those
a-fairyists have a faith which "is the least rational of all choices
because that assumes that you know enough to assume the possibility of
fairies" and surely reject a perfectly good idea...

Collins' argument seems illogical to say the least, especially when
applied to any other 'entity', such as Thor, Zeus, the flying
spaghetti monster etc.

As Dawkins so aptly observes

<quote>A friend, who was brought up a Jew and still observes the
sabbath and other Jewish customs out of loyalty to his heritage,
describes himself as a 'tooth fairy agnostic'. He regards God as no
more probable than the tooth fairy. You can't disprove either
hypothesis, and both are equally improbable. He is an a-theist to
exactly the same large extent that he is an a-fairyist. And agnostic
about both, to the same small extent. Russell's teapot, of course,
stands for an infinite number of
things whose existence is conceivable and cannot be disproved.</quote>

You think atheists are a nuisance? Just imagine those a-fairyists....

Pim