From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 08:57:34 EDT

At 08:35 AM 5/1/2007, PvM wrote:
>Haha very funny Janice. Of course, nothing much to support the
>existence of or our ability to recognize absolute truths. Happy May Day. ~ Pim

@ "...But if truth is relative and perception is reality, then no
one's ideas about the world are any better than anyone else's. Fact
is reduced to opinion, and conformity to opinion is ultimately
maintained by the group or institution that has the power to enforce
its version of reality. Ironically, this achieves the opposite effect
intended by its liberal proponents. That is, if we cannot judge the
merit of competing ideas by assessing their value in light of an
absolute standard, then either everyone will have their own private
truth, or truth will be enforced by the state or some other powerful
collectivity. On college campuses, no one is unsophisticated enough
to believe that truth exists; however, you'd better not utter the
wrong truth, or you will come face to face with the Fist that
enforces absolute horizontal relativism. ..."

Those who are emotionally able to handle it, may read the rest of it
here: http://onecosmos.blogspot.com/search?q=recognizing+absolute+truth

~ Janice