RE: [asa] Sternberg quote

From: Alexanian, Moorad <>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 10:35:55 EDT

My experience is that administrators want a large pool of candidates so
that they can select the ones they want. Similarly, an editor may choose
a large number of referees so that the editor can use criteria other
than the quality of the work to accept or reject the paper.
Administrators also would set a lower GPA for college admission so that
they can consider race, ethnicity, etc. This is an old game. They ask
for our opinions so that they can validate their desires and/pr agenda.