Re: [asa] The tomb of Jesus?

From: Rich Blinne <>
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 10:07:36 EST

On Feb 28, 2007, at 7:42 AM, David Opderbeck wrote:

> Some recent comments from well-known Biblical archeologist William
> Dever are worth noting:
> content/article/2007/02/26/AR2007022600442.html :
> "I've know about these ossuaries for many years and so have many
> other archaeologists, and none of us thought it was much of a
> story, because these are rather common Jewish names from that
> period," he said. "It's a publicity stunt, and it will make these
> guys very rich, and it will upset millions of innocent people
> because they don't know enough to separate fact from fiction."

How come if Janice is right, why isn't the science community
following their Hollywood masters? This would be the coup de grace
against Christianity and has the anti-Christian laypeople jazzed.
It's not just the Christian archaeologists that is saying this but
the Jewish ones as well (cf. the articles in the Jerusalem Post).

To unsubscribe, send a message to with